Happy June, everyone! I hope you all had a productive and fun May (if so, feel free to share your achievements in the comments!). Professionally, I didn’t get as far in my revisions of Desertera #2 as I would have liked, but Daniel and I did have a few unexpected (but welcome) social engagements pop up throughout the month, so personally, it was a great few weeks.
As I head into June, I am going to keep my focus on a few big goals. First, I’ll be finishing the content edit revisions of Desertera #2, so that it can go to line editing at the end of the month. As always, I’ll be working on my next nonfiction booklet, 100 Action & Adventure Writing Prompts, and if time allows, I am more than ready to dive into Desertera #3.
Last, I wanted to let you all know that I have officially joined Tumblr. You can find me at http://katemcolby.tumblr.com. If you’re also on Tumblr, feel free to follow me, and I’ll happily return the favor!
But first, let’s recap May:
- Blog Posts Written — 8
- Fiction Words Written — 0
- # of Days I Wrote Fiction — 0
- Nonfiction Prompts Written — 100 prompts (plus front/back matter material)
- # of Days I Wrote Non-Fiction — 10
- Outlines Written — 1 (100 Action & Adventure Writing Prompts)
- Days Without Writing and/or Editing — 12
- Drafts Revised — Content Edit of Desertera #2 (over 2/3 through the manuscript)
- # of Days I Revised — 9
- Books Finished
- Spike: After the Fall by Brian Lynch
- Change of Life by Samantha Bryant
- How to Sell More Books with Awesome Amazon Descriptions by Jim Kukral (booklet)
- Spike: The Complete Series by Brian Lynch
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 (Volume 3) by Joss Whedon
- The Universe Doesn’t Give a Flying Fuck About You by Johnny B. Truant (booklet)
- You are Dying and Your World is a Lie by Johnny B. Truant (booklet)
- Disobey by Johnny B. Truant (booklet)
- How to Live Forever by Johnny B. Truant (booklet)
- Books Begun/In-Progress
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Hammer of the Gods by Christina Ochs
- Books Reviewed on the Blog
- Change of Life by Samantha Bryant – read review
*Remember, I review every book I read on my Goodreads page.
Author Business Activities
- Published 100 Historical Fiction Writing Prompts (Fiction Ideas Vol. 5)
- Recorded and posted a vlog
- Participated in the #WriteWeMay Instagram challenge
- Scheduled online events for July
Goals for June
- Finish the content edit revisions of Desertera #2
- Write and publish 100 Action & Adventure Writing Prompts
- Begin drafting Desertera #3
Who else has accomplishments to share from May? What are your goals for June? Share in the comments!